1932 Franklin Sport 90
This two-seat open cockpit biplane was originally designed in 1930 and featured a 55 hp Velie engine. Later upgraded to a 70 hp LeBlond, the “Sport 90” was finally introduced in 1932 with a 90 hp Lambert 5-cylinder radial engine. Designed as a sport trainer, the 90 was close-coupled with excellent control response, and had to be firmly flown from the time it left the ground until landing. Introduced during the Great Depression, only a handful were built and few survive. Al Kelch acquired s/n 105 in 1969 and flew it for many years.