An awesome piece of local history has joined the museum, on permanent loan from the Brodhead Fire District. This Pirsch REO fire truck was purchased new by the city in 1923 and was in service until 1953. Restored in 1982, it has been in countless parades and celebrations, and on display at the “new” fire station since 1994. The crews wanted better exposure for her though, and needed the space in the fire house for newer equipment.
Look for the REO in the new “Bill & Sue Knight Memorial Vintage Airplane and Automobile Hangar” when the museum opens to the public. We’re grateful to the Brodhead Fire District for trusting us with the ol’ girl, and we promise not to test the siren and bell too much!